Tuesday 10 November 2009

The 'Eat' Bit...

So a bit more about the 'Eat' bit of this blog!
I LOVE to cook.  I'm no Jamie Oliver but i'm always happy pottering around in the kitchen, something both my sisters and I have inherited from our parents. 
Mum always wanted to be a chef but that wasn't quite what my grandparents had in mind and so she went to college to learn typing instead.  My childhood was filled with weekends spent baking (and eating) jam tarts, cheese and onion pasties and all manner of cakes with Mum.  Dad's idea of cooking was slightly different and I remember him adding a bit of whatever was in the cupboard to our meals to some...interesting...results.  But at least he cooked I guess which even then was not exactly a common occurance!
Lately I have been getting into baking a bit more, much to the delight of my Husband, Daughter and work mates and have been testing cake and cookie recipes which I am hoping to share with you.
I will be adding links on the right to all of my favourite cooking websites so that you can visit and be as inspired as I am by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment